Exodus 35:1-40:38 Lesson 22 Handout
Torah Portion Vayakhei-Pekudei
From Absence to Presence Sandy Kress
We begin Exodus with God absent from the people. By the end, God
is very much present.
The great 13th century sage, Nachmanides (Ramban), discusses
this journey beautifully in the conclusion to his commentary on the book:
- "Thus is completed the Book of
- In which the Eternal, the God of Israel, hath
- Even for the children of Israel, a people
near unto Him.
- He saved him from the hand of him that hated
- And redeemed him from the hand of his enemy.
- And blessed be God
- Who delighted in the peace of His servant,
- Who has helped him to come thus far,
- Who renews his youth in his old age,
- Who satisfies his hunger with His Torah,
- And He made him to suck honey and the fat
- For he set his whole heart (to seek God),
- And to His Name he offers blessings morning
- Blessed be He of Whose bounty we have
- And through Whose goodness we live."
Torah Portion Vayakhei-Pekudei Exodus 35:1-40:38